Botanical For Covid Treatment
Andrographis Paniculata is a plant that is native to South Asian countries such as India and Sri Lanka. Locally known as Fah Talai Jone. The leaf and underground stem are used to make medicine.
Andrographis is used for the common cold, osteoarthritis, infection of the throat and tonsils (tonsillopharyngitis), a type of inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis), and many other conditions. Recently this article caught our attention on Bloomberg News.
Thailand Clears Use of Herbal Medicine for Covid-19 Treatment
December 30, 2020, 1:02 AM EST
Thailand’s health ministry approved the use of a herbal plant extract to treat early stages of Covid-19 as a pilot program amid a flareup in the coronavirus outbreak in the Southeast Asian nation.
Thailand reported 250 new cases on Wednesday, taking the nation’s total to almost 7,000, and a government official said the rate of increase in local transmissions was alarming and urged people to stay at home to prevent the virus from spreading further. The government has also banned large gatherings in high-risk areas, said Taweesilp Witsanuyotin, a spokesperson for the national Covid-19 response center.
- The herbal treatment will be on a voluntary basis for those in the 18-60 age group with minor symptoms and should be within 72 hours of confirming infections
- The extract from the plant, known as Fah Talai Jone in Thai, can curb virus and reduce severity of inflammation, ministry says citing studies
- Human trials showed patient conditions improved within three days of the treatment without side effects if the medicine is administered within 72 hours of testing positive
- Separately, Thai Food and Drug Administration said it’s ready to register Covid-19 vaccines
- FDA has opened special channel for the registration to ensure speedy process