Fish oil is a source of Omega 3 Fatty acids Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and Docosahexanoic acid (DHA). These fatty acids are “essential”, meaning that they must be consumed by humans. We can not produce them from other dietary fats.
Fish oil has been shown to be helpful for many health conditions, including:
High blood cholesterol
Pregnancy and lactation
Some Beneficial Effects of Fish Oil:
· Helps normalize blood-clotting tendency and reduce arterial disease.
· Reduces systolic blood pressure, blood triglycerides and VLDL-cholesterol.
· Reduces total cardiovascular mortality and the risk of sudden death.
· Decreases rates of depression.
· May help slow or prevent Alzheimer’s disease onset.
· DHA is essential to the healthy development of brain and eye tissue in infants.
· Reduces auto-immunity including rheumatoid arthritis.
· Reduces risk of gall stones
· Improves immune system response.
· Anti-inflammatory effects
· Anti-cancer effects
DOSAGE: 1 – 3 grams per day with a meal.
Quality Matters: Your Vital Nutrients sample fish oil has been tested for rancidity (peroxides), mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium, EPA and DHA levels, PCBs, Dioxins, stability, and bacteria, yeast and mold.
CAUTIONS, TOXICITY and DRUG INTERACTIONS
· Anyone taking anti-coagulations medicines such as aspirin, coumadin, etc. should discuss the use of fish oil with their physician so that he/she can monitor clotting tests and adjust the medication dosage accordingly.
· Ensure adequate intake of a broad range of antioxidants, including vitamin E, to reduce oxidation.
· Ensure that you are taking a quality product tested free of known fish contaminants.