Ipriflavone is a synthetic derivative of the soy isoflavone called daidzein. It is converted to at least seven metabolites within the human body. The metabolites, especially M2 and M5, are also bio-active. This product is used to prevent menopausal osteoporosis (bone loss) and may be useful in other metabolic bone disorders.
- Prevents the rapid bone loss associated with early menopause.
- May be of benefit in other metabolic bone disorders.
- Prevent bone loss arising from chronic use of steroids, physical immobilization, oophorectomy, and renal osteodystrophy.
How Ipriflavone Works
- The bio-availability of Ipriflavone, determined by achieved plasma levels, seems to be enhanced when administered in an oil suspension.
- Enhances the effect of estrogen on bone but does not nave its own estrogenic activity.
- Serves as a viable alternative to estrogen replacement therapy for the treatment of low bone density or osteoporosis in post-menopausal women
- Demonstrates superior protection against bone loss in the lumbar spine in post-menopausal women compared to calcium lactate supplementation.
- Ipriflavone is more efficacious than vitamin D3 in preventing bone loss in hemiplegic stroke patients by decreasing bone resorption and increasing serum 1,25-dihydroxycholecalciferol.
- Accelerates osteoblastic activity and calcium deposition into bone tissue in lab animals.
- Stimulates osteogenesis, the formation of new bone, in lab animals.
600 mg/day (300 mg twice a day or 200 mg three times a day)
- Safe with few if any side effects.
- Enhances the protective effect of estrogen on bone.
- Does not possess intrinsic estrogenic activity.
To order our Ipriflavone product for prevention of menopausal bone loss by phone, please call toll-free 877-347-8600.