Intermittent Fasting Support Group
Dr. Michael Kane
Starts May 21st
As many of you are aware I am a big fan of intermittent fasting. Most days I have an 8 hour eating window and a few times a month will do a 24 hour fast. I have found the outcomes to be helpful.
I am going to lead a support group this spring to help support people who want to try intermittent fasting on with some support.
If you are interested let me know.
Our evolution has forced our bodies to adapt to an eating pattern of feast or fast. Within the last 100 years, the availability of food 24/7 has the disadvantage of contributing to a lifestyle of excess and training the body to always be in storage mode. Rates of obesity, diabetes, heart disease and inflammatory diseases have skyrocketed. By working with the body’s ability to navigate lean times through fasting, we can put the body in burn mode instead of storage mode.
|Intermittent Fasting has shown to have the following benefits:
O anti-inflammatory responses
O positive changes in composition of gut microbiota
O increased immune cell response
O decreased risk of cancer
O reduced insulin levels
O decreased blood pressure
O decreased oxidative stress
O increased utilization of fat
O increased insulin sensitivity
O stimulating a number of DNA repair genes.
|Metabolic Changes seen with Intermittent Fasting:
O The body learns to switch from burning glucose to burning fat to provide your body with energy
O Fasting before a workout can even help you improve athletic performance
O There are benefits for insulin resistance and an impressive reduction in blood sugar levels.
O In human studies, fasting blood sugar has been reduced by 3-6%, while fasting insulin has been reduced by 20-31%.
O One animal study showed IF protected against kidney damage
O IF may be highly protective for people who are at risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
About the Program (Online Class)
- There will be five live online group Zoom meetings that will include a lesson and time for support
- Dates for online classes.
- Saturday May 21st 11am-12pm
- Saturday June 4th 11am-12 pm
- Saturday June 11th 11am-12 pm
- Saturday, June 18th 11am-12 pm
- Saturday, June 25th 11am-12 pm
- This fee must be paid in full when you register.
- Final Registration Deadline: May 18th
- The program is led by Naturopathic Physician Dr. Michael Kane
- One office visit is required prior to starting the program so that your physician can assess your health status, run any necessary lab work, and tailor the program for your specific needs. The cost of the visit is not included in the program fee. This can be done by telemedicine or in the office.
- To register or for information, contact us at 860-347-8600