How the CCH Doctors can help you with Asthma/Allergies
The goals of Naturopathic treatment for allergies and asthma includes the following:
1. Identification of allergens and asthma triggers:
Investigation should include the following:
- Identification of allergic and non- allergic triggers
- Food allergy testing/allergy elimination diet
- Environmental Recommendations – Please read Controlling Allergies and Sinusitis and do your best to accomplish the recommendations outlined. Test your environmental exposure score
2. Increase the reaction threshold of the body:
The amount the body reacts to allergens can be related to digestive health, immune status, stress and overall health. Available tests may be helpful to determine functional status of certain body systems.
3. Increase overall health through: Diet, Exercise, Stress reduction, Lifestyle changes, Nutritional Supplements
4. Reduction of symptoms. Through the use of :
- Botanicals – A number of plant extracts have been helpful in the treatment of Asthma and Allergies.
- Vitamins and minerals – A number of nutritional deficiencies have been associated with allergies. Vitamin and mineral supplements can be helpful to reduce your reactivity to the environment.
- Stress and emotional management – Stress and different emotional states have been associated with allergy reactivity. Counseling and relaxation exercises can make a huge difference in controlling asthma symptoms that may be triggered by stress, anxiety and nervousness.
- Nutritional Recommendations.- Overall food recommendations for people with allergies: Please read the Abbreviated Nutrition handout and the Nutrrition Program Handout.