FROM THE C.A.M. Report
Dr. Timothy McCall, writing at YogaJournal.com, makes the case for yoga.
Here’s what we know.
- Yoga is arguably the most comprehensive approach to fighting stress.
- Yoga improves the quality of life.
- It also appears to diminish the side effects of surgery, radiation, chemotherapy, and other treatments, and may increase the odds of survival.
- Many yoga practices, including quiet asana, slow breathing, meditation, and guided imagery, increase activation of the parasympathetic nervous system and lead to mental relaxation.
- The parasympathetic nervous system slows the heart and lowers blood pressure, allowing recovery after a stressful event
More effects of yoga are discussed in the article.